A-2142 - [ca. 1936]
A separate Convocation Hall, to be located nearer the river, was envisioned in the original master
plan but never built. A hall was added to the College Building at the request of W.J. Rutherford,
Dean of Agriculture, who felt a meeting space for farmers would be necessary. Known as
“convocation hall,” the space has been used for lectures, meetings, musical and dramatic
performances, exams, and convocation ceremonies. In this image, the University Choral Society
and Saskatoon Symphony Orchestra perform.