We are pleased to announce that the Government of Saskatchewan has proclaimed February 6-12, 2006 as the first Archives Week in Saskatchewan.
Events and activities to celebrate Archives Week included:
- CBC Radio phone-in - Monday, February 6, 1:00 p.m.
- Provincial Archivist Trevor Powell and SCAA Outreach Archivist Kathlyn Szalasnzyj were the guests on CBC Saskatchewan's noon edition phone-in. Listeners called in with questions about preservation of family documents, how to do research, how to donate to archives, and more.
"Celebrate Archives" buttons, produced especially for our first Archives Week, are being distributed at archives across the province.
|Score one for archives!
- Archives Film Night - Friday, February 10, 7:00 p.m.
- A presentation of short films in the holdings of the Saskatchewan Archives Board and the City of Regina Archives
- Royal Saskatchewan Museum, Regina
- Free admission, free popcorn; reception with cash bar to follow
- Taking archives to the community: our outreach archivist spent time at the Co-op's "coffee row" - an established Saskatoon tradition for many retirees; and similarly had an information table at the University of Saskatchewan Library (see survey results below)
- St. Paul's Nurses Association Alumni Archives - exhibit at St. Paul's Hospital
- Saskatchewan Archives Board - visitors received a free commemorative postcard
- University of Saskatchewan - exhibit at Main Library showcasing all archives on campus
- Results of an informal survey about the value of archives
For more information, contact Kathlyn Szalasnzyj at 374-7143 or by